Accessing the Yard
If you're one of the few that possess a DOD identification card, you may proceed through any of the available gates. If you don't, here's what you need to do:
- Visitors to the Naval Academy must enter through the Visitor Access Center at Gate 1, Randall St. and Prince George St. Pedestrian entrances to Gate 1 can be found on Randall Street (between Prince George and King George Streets) and on Prince George Street at Craig Street. Both entrances are just a block or so from the Annapolis City Dock.
- Everyone 18 and older must have a government-issued photo ID.
- Photo copies of ID (passports, ID Cards, etc.) cannot be accepted. If you are not a US citizen, please bring your passport.
- Only vehicles with USNA IDs, DoD credentials, or handicapped tags may enter Naval Academy grounds. Vehicles with a handicapped placard must obtain a pass from the Pass and ID desk in the Visitor Access Center. The small parking lot at Gate 1 may be used for this purpose.
- The Armel-Leftwich Visitor Center may be accessed by turning right after exiting the Visitor Access Center. Follow the signs.